2. Contents:-?Introduction?Wipro BPO?Wipro divisions?Products and Production?Splits and collaborations?Market share in software?Market share in BPO?SWOT analysis?Conclusion
3. Industry IT services, IT consultingFounded Amalner, Maharashtra (December 1945)Founder M.H. Hasham PremjiKey people Azim Premji (Chairman)Services IT, business consulting and outsourcing servicesRevenue Rs 31338 CroreOperating income Rs. 5818 CroreProfit Rs. 5382 Crore
4. Wipro?Wipro Limited (formerly Western India Products Limited) is an IT services andconsulting company headquartered in Karnataka, India.? As of 2012, Wipro is the second largest IT services company by turnover inIndia, employing about 120,000 people worldwide as of December 2011.?provides outsourced research and development, infrastructure outsourcing,business process outsourcing (BPO) and business consulting services.
5. ?The company was established in 1980 as a subsidiary of Wipro (Western IndiaProducts) Limited listed on the New York Stock Exchange.? Wipro was initially set up as a vegetable oil manufacturer in 1945in Amalner, Maharashtra, producing sunflower Vanaspati oil and soaps.? During the 1970s and 1980s, the company shifted its focus and began to look intobusiness opportunities in the IT and computing industry, which was at nascent stagesin India at that time.?Wipro marketed the first indigenous homemade PC from India in 1985.
6. Awards and Honors?Ranked 23rd in the Top Companies for Leaders’ global list announced by Aon Hewitt,The RBL Group and Fortune.?ASTD BEST award for training and development.?IT Outsourcing Project of the Year 2011 award for innovation and achievement inoutsourcing industry.?NASSCOM Corporate Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion.?National Telecom Award for Excellence in Infrastructure for Application Services.?SAP ACE Award for Customer Excellence.?The Outsourcing Excellence Award for Best IT Enablement in BPO.?BPO Excellence Award for Outstanding Work in Utilities Company in UK.?Awarded with DL Shah National Quality Award.
7. Wipro BPO?Founded in 2002, Wipro BPO has operations in Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai,Mumbai, Hyderabad, Navi-Mumbai (Belapur) Greater Noida, Mysore and Kochi inIndia.?It also has offices in Shanghai and Cebu in Asia and Curitiba in Brazil and Wroclaw inPoland.? It has 44 clients in segments such as banking & capital markets, insurance, travel , hi-tech manufacturing, telecom and healthcare.?Wipro BPO employs over 22,000, of whom 3,150 are at its Hyderabad campus.?The majority of Wipro BPO’s business comes from the US, followed by Europe.?The rest of the world contributes only marginally to its top line
8. Wipro divisionsWipro Consumer Care & Lighting (WCCLG):-It has a profitable presence in the branded retail market of toilet soaps, hair care soaps, baby careproducts and lighting products. WCCLG is also a leader in institutional lighting in specifiedsegments like software, pharma and retail.
9. Wipro Infrastructure Engineering:-It is generally known for manufactures precision-engineered hydraulic cylinders and truckhydraulic solutions for the infrastructure and related industries. It the second largest independentHydraulic Cylinder manufacturer in the world.
10. Wipro GE Medical SystemsLimited:-It is a Joint venture between Wipro Limited and General Electric basically delivering what it calls”quality solutions that effectively meet the needs of customers and patients”. Its products andservices range from diagnostics to IT, helping healthcare professionals combat cancer, heartdisease and other ailments
11. WIPRO ProductsPRODUCT NAME UNITS INSTALLED PRODUCTIO SALES SALES CAPACITY N QUANTITY QUANTITY VALUE (Rs Cr.)Software Services N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 19413.9000 Mini and micro computers Numbers 691200.00 217016.00 217431.00 2858.1000 I T Enabled N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 1802.1000 Services Metric Soap Toilet 134026.00 71471.00 71668.00 840.4000 Tonnes Equipment (Hydraulic & Numbers 831140.00 454602.00 455152.00 618.6000 Pneumatic) Others N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 565.9000 Lighting Products N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 207.5000 Oil Hydrogenated Metric 45000.00 5909.00 5981.00 35.0000 (Vanaspati) Tonnes Other Products N.A. 0.00 26.00 0.00 34.4000 Gears Tipping Numbers 50000.00 23276.00 23276.00 12.2000
12. Shoe Uppers Thousands 750.00 161.00 162.00 6.9000& Full Shoes Pairs Spares, Accessories N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 5.5000 &Components. Glycerine Metric Tonnes 1650.00 1355.00 145.00 0.7000 Glass GLS Thousands 110305.00 0.00 0.00 0.0000 Lamps Numbers Fatty Acids Metric Tonnes 78450.00 44359.00 0.00 0.0000 Solar N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.0000 Machineries Goods N.A. 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.0000 Traded Compact Thousands Fluorescent 23355.00 0.00 0.00 0.0000 Numbers Lamps Fluorescent Thousands 27097.00 5836.00 0.00 0.0000 Tube Lights Numbers
13. Production?Tipping systems were launched. The Company undertook to set up a hightechnology plant and R&D Centre at Aurangabad with an investment of Rs 40crores. The product range was to include incandescent lamps, linear and circularfluorescent lamps, accessories and luminaries.?Eaton Hydraulic products were launched. The Company set up a new Unit”Wipro Financial Services Ltd.”, for serving customers with capital resources,expertise and ideas to help solve their financial needs.?The Company launched baby soft toiletries viz. soap, powder and oil based onnatural ingredients of lanolin, olive, milk and almonds. Feeding bottles followed in1994.?The Company partnering with world leaders markets and supports a wide rangeof equipment and consumables for the medical, diagnostic and Bio-analyticalmarkets.
14. Splits and collaborations?The Company set up a joint venture company with General Electric of U.S.A., in thename of Wipro GE Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd., for the manufacture, sale and service ofdiagnostic and imaging products. The Joint Venture has also an OEM sourcingarrangement with Elpro International Ltd., for locally made x-ray products. In 1990, thejoint venture became a subsidiary of the Company.?The Company established a relationship with Eaton Corporation, U.S.A. for marketingof hydraulic products in India?Wipro Infotech Ltd., Wipro Systems Ltd., Wipro Investment Ltd., Inlec Investment Ltd.,and Wipro GE Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd., are subsidiaries of the Company.?The Company proposed to enter into a financial joint venture with BeckmanInstruments Incorporated, U.S.A., for manufacture of bio-analytical instruments(diagnostic instruments and reagents) in India and to develop software and hardware forinternational use by Beckman. Necessary steps were undertaken to implement the letterof intent for the manufacture of analytical instruments. Manufacturing facilities werebeing established in Gurgaon, Haryana and business operations pertaining to thefacilities were to be carried out from Delhi.
15. Share in software market This data is based on software and other IT application sales of respective companies. The survey was conducted by Rediff.com and Economic times in dec 2011 8% 10% 39% Tata consultancy services13% WIPRO INFOSYS 30% HCL Technologies others
16. Top 5 BPO companies in India1. Genpact: Spread across Asia, Europe and America, Genpact is a global BPO serviceprovider. Its biggest presence is in India, with nearly 20,000 employees.2. WNS Global Services: Starting as a call center for British Airways in 1996 inMumbai, WNS has grown through strategic acquisitions to become a leading BPOservice provider in areas ranging from Healthcare and Finance to Research andCustomer Service.3. Wipro BPO: The Company is well known as a leader in CRM and back officetransaction processing BPO. Some strategic reorganization was resorted to in2005 and it moved from being a totally voice-based service provider to a mix ofboth voice and non-voice-driven business.4. HCL BPO: Starting operations in 2001, HCL BPO services has become one of HCL’smost important business units. Serving over 450 clients worldwide, 15% of which areFortune 500 companies5. ICICI OneSource: Promoted by the ICICI group, ICICI One- Source stands up to itsname and provides BPO services covering almost all industry verticals like financialservices, retail, media etc
17. Wipro’s market share in Bpo GENPACT 7% 2% 10% WNS Global 30% Services25% WIPRO 26% HCL BPO ICICI OneSource others
18. SWOT Analysis – WIPROSWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business structure andoperations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its keyrevenue lines and strategy.Strengths:?Global R facility.?Retention of the man-power is the best in the industry.?Impressive list of clientele.?Diversified skill base across service lines?Delivery capabilities & client satisfaction?Commitment to go the extra mile?Technological partnership with other software companies?Low cost advantage?MEGA Partnership – Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP
19. Weaknesses:?Low operating margin of the other group companies.?Free floating stock is very less.?Domestic market was huge but was underdeveloped?Small player in global market?Limited domain?Clients not trusting the capabilities of Indian Software Cos.
20. Opportunities:?In the branded product category.?In the consultancy area.?In the emerging technology areas like Blue Tooth, WAP etc.?Huge global market?The Company has entered into the global market so now it’s the biggestopportunity available to the company.?Huge potential in domestic market
21. Threats:?Increasing cost of human capital.?Slowdown in the US economy.?Will face fierce competition in the areas of e-business and ASP services.?Competition by Indian companies in domestic market?Presence of big companies in global market?Exchange rate : This can be a threat to the company as the company ismaking profits due to the high exchange rate and if this rate comes downin future it can lead to a major problem for the company.?High exposure to the telecom/tech sectors.?Slowdown in the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector
22. Conclusion :Till today Wipro has been known for being very processoriented with a focus on quality and cost savings. Wiprolong term strategy should be to create a brand imageand be known for innovation. Wipro should invest inR&D and Market research, so that It is able to innovatenew solutions for clients to cut costs or reduce time tomarket or improve reliability.